Cleaning stubborn stains on your carpet can be overwhelming. But with the help of McDonough Carpet Cleaning, you don’t have to worry about having an unsightly carpet anymore!
What is the Steam Method and How Does McDonough Carpet Cleaning Perform it?
This cleaning method uses chemical detergent and hot water to kill the bacteria in the carpet. Here are its 7 steps:
1. Find a steam cleaner. It should be able to remove a lot of dirt and water without damaging the carpet. Don’t use the steam cleaner unless it’s not humid outside.
2. Fill the water tank and the cleaning solution tank of the steam cleaner. The water and cleaning solution will be injected into the fibers of the carpet.
3. Use a small amount of cleaning solution that has a pH of less than 10. A cleaning solution that has a pH of more than 9 can destroy the fibers and the colors of the carpet.
4. Start cleaning the area of the carpet that’s furthest from the door and move backwards. You won’t walk on the cleaned carpet if you move backwards.
5. Go over the carpet several times to extract all of the cleaning solution.
6. Use clean water to rinse out the cleaning solution. Do this only if you think there’s cleaning solution left in the carpet. Residue of cleaning solution will attract dirt to the carpet overtime.
7. Turn on a humidifier, fans, or an air conditioner to dry the carpet faster.
What is the Dry Method and How Does McDonough Carpet Cleaning Perform It?
This cleaning method uses powdered detergent to loosen the dirt in the carpet. Here are its 9 steps:
1. Mix powdered detergent with some water to create soapy water. Soak a cloth in the soapy water.
2. Vacuum the entire carpet twice in different directions. The vacuum cleaner should have a new cleaner bag so that it won’t leave dirt in the carpet.
3. Use the wet cloth to wipe the carpet and to make the carpet damp. Let the soapy water wet the carpet for 5 minutes.
4. Use a carpet brush to scrub the stain on the carpet in different directions. Stubborn dirt can be scrubbed repeatedly.
5. Lay old sheets or towels on the carpet to absorb excess soapy water.
6. Replace the dirty soapy water with clean water after cleaning the whole carpet.
7. Dip the carpet brush in clean water and scrub the clean carpet to remove residue of soapy water.
8. Let the carpet dry by turning on the fans or opening the windows.
9. Vacuum the carpet once again to pick up loosened dirt.
What is the Shampoo Method and How Does McDonough Carpet Cleaning Perform It?
The method uses foam that’s created from shampoo. Here are its 6 steps:
1. Fill the rotary shampoo machine with carpet shampoo and clean water. Make sure not to use excess shampoo because it will leave more residue on the carpet. The residue will adhere dirt to the carpet.
2. Move the rotary shampoo machine in one corner of the room first. The rotating brushes of the machine will scrub the carpet. Carpet shampoo will draw out dirt from the carpet as the machine moves.
3. Stop the rotary shampoo machine and walk backward to the carpet that you shampooed. The machine can be moved back and forth over stubborn dirt.
4. Check if the rotary shampoo machine draws up dirty water into its waste tank.
5. Move the rotary shampoo machine in an up and down movement to clean the entire carpet. You can refill the machine with clean water and carpet shampoo if needed after emptying the waste tank.
6. Allow the carpet to dry for 2-24 hours before putting furniture back in the room.